My Favorite Beach Books
Hi all! The past few days have been some pretty crazy ones. The fourth of July was so fun and the night before, I saw Zac Brown Band in concert at Coors Field (I'll tell you all about it this Wednesday in my obsession de semaine). I apologize for the lapse in posting lately but things have started to slow down so let's talk books!
One thing I love about summer is that you can go to the beach and just hang out and read a book in the sun. There's nothing better than getting a tan and reading a great book at the same time. So, here's my list of my favorite summer reads:
- Love Does by Bob Goff
- You can read my review of this book here.
- The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown
- I'm currently reading this book and I love the history combined with the story of team USA rowing their way to gold in Berlin.
- Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
- This is a quick and easy read filled with fun and entertaining stories and life lessons.
- Paris, My Sweet by Amy Thomas
- This is by far my most favorite book I've ever read. Book Review here.
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime by Mark Haddon
- I threw this book in there because it's such a funny and simple book. Once you read it, you'll be glad you did.
- Left to Tell by Immaculee Ilibagiza
- This book is more of a heavy read (tells the story of the Rwandan genocide) but is totally worth it. The story is told my a women who experienced and survived the Rwandan genocide of 1994.
- Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
- Also a movie, this book was based off a true story of a man who left everything behind and set out to live in the woods.
Books I Still Want to Read:
- Looking for Alaska
- 1984 (I never had to read it in high school and I have always wanted to read this book)
- Eat, Pray, Love
I hope everyone had an amazing fourth of July and enjoyed this post. If you read one of these books, tell me about it! I'd love to hear about it.