Summer Bucket List
The most beautiful time of the year is upon us and I couldn't be more excited about it. My summer break began about a week and a half ago so I am just getting settled at home and ready to have a fun summer. Here's my goals for to make summer 2016 the best one yet!
- Go Paddleboarding
- I've already done this once this summer and I wish I could do it everyday. I lucked out by finding an awesome place in Austin right beside Zilker Park called Rowing Dock that I will be visiting a few times this summer.
- Spend time at Zilker Park
- Create an Inspiration Board
- Think: Pinterest in real life. Something a lot like this but on a smaller scale. I would love to hang it in my closet and possibly be able to transport it with back to school to decorate my apartment next year. Stay tuned for a post about this!
- Spend more time journaling
- If you've been reading for a while, you'll remember that I tried a to do 72 day of journaling last summer. It was a great challenge and although I didn't exactly hit the pen and paper everyday like intended, it got me writing a whole lot more. To me, it's so important to write as often as possible. I love getting ideas, thoughts, and words onto paper before they have the opportunity to slip my mind.
- Read, Read, Read!
- Remember my New Years Resolutions? One of my goals was to read at least five books this year. I know what you're thinking. Only five? Well, I'm a pretty slow reader and it's all about the stepping stones, right? I love reading so this has been fun. This summer will be a great time to work on this goal!
- Update: I've finished one book and I'm working on Book #2 currently!
- P.S. Book #2 is Wildflower by Drew Barrymore. I'm LOVING it! Such a great read. Drew has so much personality and it comes out so much in her writing. Definitely would recommend this book. Don't worry though, there will be a post to come on this too, as soon as I'm done reading :-)
- Redecorate my Bedroom
- Or just decorate it (minus the re-)? Quick storytime. The bedroom I left behind in August to go to school in Oklahoma is a completely different bedroom than the one I came home to in May. My parents decided to move to Austin, TX in February, which means I drive south to come home from school now. Crazy right?! Its been a fun transition and a great reminder that home is most definitely where the heart is.
- Anyways, I want to add a new chair here or there and maybe do something different with the things on my walls. I'm not completely sure yet but I'll be spending some time on Pinterest to get some ideas for what I'd like to do.
What's on your summer bucket list?