The Easiest Donut Recipe
What You'll Need
- 1 can small biscuits
- Cinnamon sugar
- Vegetable oil
While home from school for Christmas, my mom and I did a ton of baking. We have an old recipe for donuts and its so easy that we were able to just eyeball most everything and make it a quick and easy dessert.
- Place vegetable oil in a large pot on stove and turn on medium heat.
- Open can of biscuits and cut them any shape or size you'd like. We usually cut each biscuit into fourths and make little donut holes. You can also use the top of a glass to cut a circle out of the middle and make it a classic round donut.
- When heated, place the dough in the vegetable oil. Make sure to keep an eye on the donuts - they will fry very quickly!
- Take out the donuts and place on a plate covered in a paper towel (the paper towel just helps to soak up some of the oil).
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on the donuts. Add some honey as you like and enjoy!
This is one of my favorite dessert recipes because you don't need to measure anything and it requires very few ingredients. Nothing beats quick & easy cooking!